Our Veterans Cremation Burial/Inurnment Graveside Service includes the following:
- Removal of your loved one from place of death within our service area
- Refrigeration of your loved one
- Completion of the Texas Death Certificate
- Notify the Social Security Administration
- Obtain Cremation and necessary permits
- Belmont Urn with Branch of Service Emblem and Engraved Nameplate.
- Cremation (and applicable fees)
- Contact Ft. Sam Houston to confirm eligibility and schedule the service
- Contact the veterans branch of service to arrange for the rendering of military honors
- Graveside service at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, TX
- Register book
- 50 Thank you notes
- Burial Flag
- Cherry stained wooden flag box with clear front with the veterans branch of service emblem and engraved nameplate for the US Burial Flag.
The following items are provided to the Veteran and Eligible Dependants by the Veterans Administration:
- Burial Plot or Niche
- Opening and Closing of the Burial Plot
- Grave Marker
Additional Fees if required:
For deaths occurring in Travis and Bexar County there is a $25.00 medical examiner permit fee. Certified copies of the death certificate-$21 for the first and $4.00 for each additional copy.
The specially designed graveside service described above may not be altered except to take advantage of additional casket offerings (if available). Also please understand that the cemetery for this graveside service is only Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery. This service is available at other cemeteries but an additional fee will be applied ($300 plus any applicable mileage and the cemetery must be within our service area) . If other services are wanted or needed please consult with one of our funeral directors for availability and cost.